The Growing Zone™ is an Approved Provider for Licensed Professional Counselors in Texas and is an Approved Provider for the Association of Play Therapy. Attendees who complete the following workshops will earn play therapy credit though the Association of Play Therapy and with the State of Texas LPC board. A certificate will be issued following the completion of all requirements. Workshops will be conducted by Dr. Carol Layton, LPC-S, Registered Play Therapist-S. Contact Dr. Carol Layton at 806-786-9539 for more information.
WORKSHOPS FOR FALL 2014
1. INTRODUCTION TO PLAY THERAPY. (10 CEUs)
(Tuition and Materials $200.00) September 22-23-24, 2014, 6:00-9:20 pm
The Association for Play Therapy (APT) defines play therapy as "the systematic use of a theoretical model to establish an interpersonal process wherein trained play therapists use the therapeutic powers of play to help clients prevent or resolve psychosocial difficulties and achieve optimal growth and development."
· Examine and discuss key elements in a play therapy relationship.
· Identify developmentally appropriate play therapy toys and materials that can be incorporated into either a permanent or traveling playroom.
· Identify essential people, theorists, and organizations that shaped the history of the play therapy profession.
· Demonstrate beginning play therapy skills.
2. LEVEL ONE STORYPLAY® TRAINING. (30 CEUs)
(Tuition and Materials $895.00; Early Bird Offer Available!)
Oct. 13-14-15, Oct. 20-21-22, and Oct. 27-28-29, 2014, 6:00-9:20 pm
StoryPlay® is based on a resiliency-based training model developed by Joyce Mills, Ph.D. It is a play therapy model using stories and art to engage individuals to grow and develop, yielding positive results.
· Examine the principles of the StoryPlay® Model.
· Experience the complete Level 1 (12 unit) StoryPlay® Model.
· Practice the art of storytelling designed for the needs of each client.
· Understand the connection between brain development and the need for play and stories.
3. INTRODUCTION TO SANDPLAY THERAPY. (10 CEUs)
(Tuition and Materials $200.00) November 17-18-19, 2014, 6:00-9:20 pm
Sandplay Therapy is a powerful, effective, and creative medium that offers a unique opportunity for the therapist to observe the processes of growth and healing. This workshop is for the therapist who is new at using sandtray. The workshop covers the basics of sandplay: materials, setting up the room, session protocol and documentation.
· Examine the basics of using sandplay as a component in play therapeutic process.
· Identify the key elements needed in sandplay therapy.
· Demonstrate and experience beginning sandplay principles.